2012年4月11日星期三

My dear

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannothallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here,have consecrated it far above our power to add or detract.

chanel outlet
The world willlittle note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget whatthey did here. It is for us, the living,

replica chanel handbags rather to be dedicated to thegreat task remaining before us; that from these honored dead, we takeincreased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measureof devotion; that this Nation, under GOD, shall have a new birth of freedom;and that government of the People by the People and for the People shall notperish from the earth.

John O'hara to His Daughter

TLS,1 p.Mrs. Doughty
Quogue, Long Island
16 September 1962, Sunday

My dear:Juicy Couture Cross Body Bag

Well, here we are — but not here. You at St. Tim's, Sister in Princeton, and me in Quogue, and another brand new year is about to start for you. For me, too. I always seem to approach the autumn in the frame of mind that spring induces in most people. The excitement of new things; the new plays, the new books, new clothes, etc., etc., etc. At the same time the autumn for me is a season of a sweet melancholy that is hard to explain. I love the early evenings, the leaves burning, the lights in houses.

没有评论:

发表评论